Secretary's report, January 2018
Invitations to events etc
1. February 8: Invitation to a session (on Thursday 22 March from 5pm – 6.30pm in Diamond Jubilee Room, City Chambers, 253 High Street) for Community Councillors and Ward Elected Members with the Development Plan team to discuss the forthcoming Edinburgh LDP 2 project (to gather views on potential issues for the LDP 2, and get suggestions for engagement with the public in the south east area of the city.
2. February 8: From Ciaran.McDonald@parliament.scot (Researcher to Andy Wightman MSP) would like volunteers to talk to John Harris at The Guardian, who is writing about short-term lets and hopes to speak to people who have experiences of this outside of London.
1. January 10, 2018: From Bruce, Chris [mailto:Chris.Bruce@nhslothian.scot.nhs.uk]
Community involvement - Lothian Joint Health Protection Plan. An event to discuss the Plan for 2018 - 2020 will be held on Wednesday 17th January, from 9am ato 2pm, lunch will be provided. It will be at The Edinburgh Faith Mission, 548 Gilmerton Road, Gilmerton, Edinburgh EH17 7JD. To attend, email email@example.com .
2. January 21, 2018: Notice of consultation on the draft Supplementary Guidance on Developer Contributions and Infrastructure Delivery: https://consultationhub.edinburgh.gov.uk/sfc/developer-contributions-infrastructure-sg2018 . The deadline for responses is Friday 23 February.
3. January 21, 2018: From East Parkside Proprietors' Association, to our concillors pointing out that repairs to street lights are taking much longer than the 20 working days suggested by the council.
4. Jan. 22nd: Final proposal for QuietRoute 6 pedestrian/cycling improvements
6. January 25, 2018: Request for information that could be on Scottish Fire and Rescue Community Asset Register
7. February 1: From Emily.Davie@sustrans.org.uk: Invitation to apply for 2018/19 Street Design Programme (forwared to SCC).
8. February 3. Correspondence forwarded by James Gilmour concerning the danger that more student flats could be built within the city.
9. February 2. Tommy Shappard newsletter (forwarded to SCC members)
10. 8 February: latest edition of Tenants Voice at
Letters sent, etc
January 14: To Tesco. I have noticed that when heavy deliveries are made to tenements, the deliver man uses a trolley that has to be violently pulled up the stairs, damaging Veitchii stairs. As many flats in Edinburgh have such stairs, I am asking you to make better arrangements, to avoid damage to property.
February 1: To waste officers about Problems with Los Argentinos restaurant,W Preston St using domestic bins for trade waste.